Popular Sites to Visit in Bumthang Valley :
Bumthang is the largest valley in the Kingdom, and it is separated by Yuthongla Pass. Composed of four beautiful valleys, the deeply spiritual region of Bumthang is shrouded in religious fable. Sometime people considered Bumthang to be like Switzerland.
- Jakar (white bird) Dzong is situated on the top of the hill and it gives the spectacular view of Chamkhar valley. Tales of Guru Padma Sambhava dominate these holy shrines.
- The valley is home to the sacred Jambay, Kurjey Lhakhang, Tamshing, Kenchosum and other monasteries. Bumthang is also the traditional home to the great Buddhist teacher Pema Lingpa to whom, the present monarchy traces it ancestral lineage. The town of Jakar is the largest between Thimphu in the west and Trashigang in the east. Jakar is famous for its honey, cheese, apples and apricots. Bumthang is also famous for yathra which is a unique material woven from sheep wool, intricately designed and colored to form wonderful patterns.
- Bumthang Tsechus (festivals) are the most popular Tsechu in the country apart from Paro and Thimphu Tsechus/Festivals
- Bumthang also has the famous and sacred “Membar Tsho”(The Burning Lake)
- Bumthang Cheese Making
- Bumthang Local Beer
- Bumthang Yathra Weaving Centers : Weaves from wool and ancient practice
- Chumey Village famous for its buckwheat cultivation
Excursions in Bumthang :
- Tangbi Goemba
- Ngang Lhakhang
- Ura Valley
- Tang Valley
- Ugyencholing Palace
- Kuenzangdrak Goemba
- Pelseling Goemba
Planning for a trip to Bhutan?
we assure you that “It’s a Great Start For The Perfect Journey to Bhutan”BOOK NOW