Popular Sites to Visit in Trongsa :
- Trongsa Dzong is one of the largest and longest Dzong in the country. The town is located in the center of Bhutan. The town is the most charming among of all Bhutanese towns. The town’s vista is traditional in appearance as the wooden slatted houses line up together on the side of the hill.
- The Monarchs Museum : The Royal Family has strong links with Trongsa. Both the first and the second king ruled the kingdom from Trongsa’s ancient Dzong. The Crown Prince of Bhutan normally holds the position of Trongsa Penlop prior to ascending the throne.
- Chendbji Chorten
- Chendebji Chorten: – This chorten was built to bring the fearful demoness under control and to bring peace to the valley. Chendebji chorten was built as same as one of the chortens in Kathmandu (kathmandu’s Swayambhunath Stupa)
- Bhutan Green Tea Garden at Samchholing
- Bhutan Green Tea factory: – The green tea plantation has helped people of Samcholing in Draagteng gewog with great earnings from the Green Tea. It is a great place to experience how green tea is made and enjoy Green Tea.
- Mangdue foot trails: – Mangdue foot trail is an adventurous trail for a hiker who love natures. This trail leads to Trongsa Dzong but on the way one will get to cross through traditional Cantilever bridge and can see “Themo Drak” and “Neypodrak” cliffs before entering Trongsa Dzong.
- Semji Village: – The village is located just 7 Km from Trongsa Dzong and it is a great place for people who loves Birds and a bird spot too. Visitors can hike through the village continuously but the entire trip could be 4 – 5 hours till they reach the highway.
Excursions in Trongsa
- Kuenga Rabten
- Semji Village
- Korphu village
- Nabji Lhakhang
- Cycling to Yotong la Pass
- Trongsa Tshechu
- Lhamoi Dromche
- Goenpoi Dromche
Planning for a trip to Bhutan?
we assure you that “It’s a Great Start For The Perfect Journey to Bhutan”BOOK NOW