Bhutan Flights Baggage Allowance
Checked Baggage Allowance
The checked baggage allowances on scheduled international flights are as follows:
- Business Class 40 kg (88 pounds)
- Economy Class 30 kg (66 pounds)
Infants paying only 10% of the applicable air fare are not entitled to any free baggage allowance.
The following Articles may be carried free of charge over and above the Free Baggage Allowance
- A ladies handbag, pocket book or purse, which is appropriate to normal traveling dress and which is not being used as a container to carry articles which would otherwise be regarded as baggage.
- An overcoat wrap or blanket
- An umbrella or walking stick
- A small camera and/or a pair of binoculars
- A reasonable amount of reading matter for the flight
- Infants food for consumption in flight and infants carrying basket
- An invalids fully collapsible wheelchair and/or crutches or other prosthetic device for the passengers use provided the passenger is dependent on them
All other articles – such as flight bags, briefcases, typewriters, ladies vanity cases, large size cameras, etc – will be weighed and, if applicable, excess baggage charges will be levied.
Unchecked Baggage/cabin Baggage Special Regulations
- Regulations issued by the Drukair Corporation stipulate that your cabin baggage must be placed in the overhead bin. Therefore the overall dimensions are limited to 45 + 35 + 20 cm (17 + 13 + 8 inches). The weight must not exceed 5 kgs in Economy class and 7 kgs in Business class.
- These regulations shall ensure that the cabin baggage will not impede evacuation of aircraft cabin in case of emergency.
- Please consider this when packing your baggage and kindly ensure that any item exceeding the above limitations is sent as checked baggage.
- Spot checks will be performed during embarkation to ensure that these regulations are being followed
Television Carriage Charges
- Drukair levies a fee of THB 2000 / USD 60 / equivalent amount in local currency for carriage of television, which exceeds 50 inches in total dimensions. This shall be beyond the normal permissible baggage allowance.
FOR DOMESTIC FLIGHTS : Permitted checked Baggage is Max of 20 Kilos only
Thank You: Information updated periodically by Bhutan Jewel Travel
Planning for a trip to Bhutan?
we assure you that “It’s a Great Start For The Perfect Journey to Bhutan”BOOK NOW