NEW : Bhutan Open to Tourists.Covid-19 Travel Requirements
Bhutan has been closed to all tourists since 6th March 2020, following the detection of the first COVID-19 case in Bhutan.
Today the 5th of August 2021, after over a year of not a single tourists to Bhutan, Bhutan is finally opening its door to the world.
The Kingdom of Bhutan, the Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB) and the Bhutanese Tour Operators are happy to inform that Bhutan will accept applications for inbound tourists, with the following Covid-19 Travel Requirements for a Safe and Covid-19 free travel to Bhutan ;
- Tourists have to mandatorily stay in the facility quarantine for 14 or 15 days( depends on when the last Covid-19 test is done and results are declared), along with the following conditions;
- Interested inbound tourist to apply through a licensed Bhutanese tour operator.
- Sustainable Development Fee (SDF) per person per night will be levied for the 14-15 days quarantine period.
- Bear charges for the 14-15 days facility quarantine (room & food).
- Entry will be facilitated only for those coming via air.
- Minimum Daily Package Rate (MDPR) will be applicable for the entire tour duration after the mandatory quarantine.
- Bear the cost for all tests as per the COVID-19 requirement.
- Strictly follow COVID-19 protocol and TCB guidelines.
- Need to have insurance coverage.
- Produce a COVID-19 negative certificate issued by a laboratory certified to carry out RT-PCR test, not earlier than 72 hours before embarking or the initiation of a journey from the country of origin.
- In addition, it is encouraged to have both the doses of COVID-19 vaccine and also to check for other travel requirements if transiting through another country.
- Agree to the Facility Quarantine of mandatory 7 days, if traveling between High Risk to Low Risk Areas in Bhutan
- These conditions are valid until further revision by the Royal Government of Bhutan, depending on the Covod-19 situation.
- WEAR MASK, MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCE, WASH HANDS REGULARLY, USE DRUK TRACE & AVOID CROWDS.
STAY SAFE BE HAPPY – HAPPINESS IS A PLACE
Planning for a trip to Bhutan?
we assure you that “It’s a Great Start For The Perfect Journey to Bhutan”BOOK NOW