Trekking In Bhutan
Mount Chomolhari is also known by many names like Mount Jhomolhari, Jumolhari or Jomolhari. Its how people write the name out. Its the One and Same Mountain Peak tin Bhutan that we refer to. This moderate trekking package is one of the most popular among enthusiastic trekkers. It provides the opportunity to see a great […]
#Bhutan #Snowman #Trek. Traversing through the foothills of snow capped mountains to remote district of Lunana, snow leopard territory, this is the most famous and also the most difficult trek in Bhutan and marked as the most “Difficult and the Toughest Trek” in the world due to altitude, distance, weather and remoteness. It is a […]
This is one of the best and most popular cultural treks. It goes past many temples and monasteries and covers some of the same ground as the more difficult and more famous Snowman Trek. The below Trek Route Itinerary and Package has been detailed from Trekking Guides who have been on this trek often. Bhutan […]
Basically, a low altitude forest trek in the area between Paro and Thimphu. Day 1: Arrive at Paro, clear immigration and customs, I will meet as you exit the airport, and take you to the hotel. hotel. Orientation. Visit the National Museum of Bhutan and Paro Dzong. Overnight at hotel. Day 2: Sightseeing in Paro Valley. Overnight […]
It may seem unbelievable BUT Bhutan’s mountains have NEVER been climbed. This is because the Bhutanese believe that the Gods and the local Protecting Deities live in these beautiful abodes and they should not be disturbed. Thus Bhutan’s environment is the cleanest in the world and we have the most refreshing sweet fresh waters, some of which have been bottled and sold as high end exotic drinking waters from Bhutan.
Welcome to Bhutan and enjoy trekking in the Prestige environment where you could drink the Sparkling water that is free of cost and natures gift. On Bhutan’s Trek Path one will not find many trekkers as the tourists to Bhutan is governed by the Royal Bhutan Government’s Tourism Policy of ” High Value, Low Impact”.
Bhutan Jewel Travel organizes many Trekking Package that are available in different regions of Bhutan and depending on your time of arrival and stay in Bhutan we will recommend the best Trek Package for your time in Bhutan.
Some of the Popular Trek Routes are:
We will provide:
- Clean Sleeping Bags with a light inner thermal blanket sheet
- Camping Mattresses
- Comfortable Tents (Sleeping and Dining will be separate tents)
- Portable Toilets
- Freshly cooked Meals every day
- First Aid Kit
You bring along:
- Very High SPF Sunscreen as Bhutan’s high altitude sun burns the skin very fast. Bring Sunglasses and a hat
- A light backpack with Built-in Rain cover so that your backpack is protected
- Carry clothes that can be worn in layers so that if not required they can be removed and vice versa.
- Bring a set of sleeping clothes so that you can change into your dry and clean night clothes before going to sleep. Always feels good to be out from the sweaty day wear.
- Trekking Pants (waterproof would be great) so that the multiple pockets can be used to carry your small camera, medicine, or mobiles, tissue paper, what every you need to take along.
- Windcheater, warm but light waterproof jacket, thermal wear top and bottom, a good pair of LIGHT hiking or trekking ankle length shoes.
- Underwears, socks and long-sleeved sweat absorbent shirts
- A pair of slippers to rest your feet when you halt for the night
- Super absorbent Small Towels
- Bring Your Personal Medicines
- Water Bottle to carry your drinking water and to refill
- Ear Plugs if you need otherwise too Bhutan Trekking Camps are silent and peaceful
- Be very honest with us regarding your health issues so that you can be properly medicated or we will recommend treks that are best suited for you with your health issues Or we will advise that you do not do any Trekking in Bhutan if the altitude of Bhutan Trek Routes is dangerous for you.
- Have a Medical or Travel Insurance taken so as to avoid any unfortunate experiences or incidents. However if any unexpected incidents or accidents take place, then you should be prepared with the required Insurance to cover you against all risks.
- Carry your personal medicines and things that you might need during days away in the wilderness and mountains
- Take Care of your personal belongings like money, documents etc OR you can hand over to the Bhutan Jewel Travel Office before leaving for the Trek.